This privacy notice is for people who:
About the N8 AgriFood Programme
The N8 AgriFood Programme is a unique research collaboration, combining expertise and multiple disciplines from the 8 research intensive universities in the North of England:
- Durham University
- Lancaster University
- University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- Newcastle University
- University of Sheffield
- University of York
The Programme takes a food systems approach to tackling the challenges facing food security and aims to generate new knowledge to tackle these complex challenges.
This privacy notice sets out the ways in which the N8 AgriFood Programme gathers, uses, stores and shares your data. It also sets out how long we keep your data and what rights you have in relation to your data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For the purposes of this privacy notice, the N8 AgriFood Secretariat will act as the Data Controller as defined in the GDPR.
Where do we get your data from?
We collect data from the following sources:
- The email newsletter sign up form on the N8 AgriFood Programme website.
- Cookies on the N8 AgriFood Programme website which are linked to Google Analytics (www.analytics.google.com).
- N8 AgriFood Programme events registration forms, including on the Eventbrite website (www.eventbrite.co.uk).
What data do we have?
We collect the following data through the email newsletter sign up form on the N8 AgriFood Programme website:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
Cookies are used to see how visitors interact with the N8 AgriFood Programme website. They aggregate anonymous data about users such as their interests, gender, demographics and internet/device connections.
We collect the following data for events and meetings or on Eventbrite to co-ordinate and deliver events both in person and online:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
We will also collect Special Category Data regarding dietary requirements and accessibility requirements for specific events when applicable.
What is our legal basis for processing your data?
Our legal basis for processing your data is consent. You will have consented in these specific ways:
- Signed up to our N8 AgriFood Programme newsletter.
- Accepted cookies when visiting the N8 AgriFood Programme website.
- Signed up to an N8 AgriFood Programme event either in person or online.
How do we use your data?
We use your data to:
- Send you the N8 AgriFood Programme email newsletters you have signed up to receive.
- Improve the N8 AgriFood Programme website experience.
- Co-ordinate various N8 AgriFood events.
Who do we share your data with?
We only share your data with:
- Key N8 AgriFood Programme contacts at the 8 partner universities for the specific purpose of co-ordinating events.
- The email system we use when sending email newsletters you have signed up to. We use the Mailjet email system (www.mailjet.com).
- Google Analytics when analysing the performance of the N8 AgriFood Programme website.
- Eventbrite when co-ordinating N8 AgriFood Programme events.
How do we keep your data secure?
The N8 AgriFood Programme takes information security extremely seriously and has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data and special category data. Access to information is restricted on a need-to-know basis and security arrangements are regularly reviewed to ensure their continued suitability.
The N8 AgriFood Programme uses University of York IT security solutions. For further information please visit: https://www.york.ac.uk/it-services/security/
How do we transfer your data safely internationally?
In certain circumstances, it is necessary to transfer your Personal Data (including Special Category Data) outside the European Economic Area. In respect of such transfers, the N8 AgriFood Programme will comply with our obligations under Data Protection Law and ensure an adequate level of protection for all transferred data.
How long will we keep your data?
Your data will be kept for the duration of the funding for the N8 AgriFood Programme.
What rights do you have in relation to your data?
Under the GDPR, you have a right of access to your data, a right to rectification, erasure (in certain circumstances), restriction, objection or portability (in certain circumstances). You also have a right to withdraw consent. If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact us by:
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or concerns about how your data is being processed, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way in which the N8 AgriFood Programme has handled your personal data, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For information on reporting a concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office please visit: www.ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint